Soweto Towers is an affordable tourist attraction in South Africa. The towers were part of Orlando Power Station, which was a coal-fired power station in Soweto, a very large township based in the Southern part of Johannesburg, South Africa.
Soweto and Bungee Jumping
The power station was active for more than 50 years. However, In 2008 the towers of the power station were completely transformed into a tourist attraction, with fun activities for thrill-seekers and adrenaline junkies.
The activities offered within the 33-story of the towers are:
- Tower climb which is R60 per person
- 360-degree view of all of Soweto township at the top of the Tower which is R80
- SCAD freefall is R450 per person
- A 100-meter bungee – R690 per person
More Details about Soweto Towers
- Open: Thursday – Sunday (including public holidays)
- Location: Corner Chris Hani and Sheffield, Orlando East, Soweto
- TripAdvisor reviews – https://www.tripadvisor.co.za/Attraction_Review-g312587-d2397710-Reviews-Orlando_Towers-Soweto_Greater_Johannesburg_Gauteng.html
- Google Places reviews – https://www.google.co.za/maps/place/Orlando+Towers/@-26.2543031,27.9267219,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x23b22c219a39ffe9!8m2!3d-26.2543031!4d27.9267219
- Website: You will find up to date fees and miscellaneous information on their official website where you can also make payment which is valid for a year from the date the ticket was issued. Read more at http://sowetotowers.co.za/
Gauteng. 2018. Orlando Towers [Online]. Available on https://www.gauteng.net/attractions/orlando_towers
Soweto Towers. 2018. About [Online]. Available on http://sowetotowers.co.za/