The Consulate General of Nigeria in South Africa is one of the two diplomatic representatives of the Nigerian government. For contact details and to learn more about Nigeria in South Africa, please see below:
Please find below the contact operating hours, physical address and the several digital media platforms of the Nigerian Consulate General in South Africa. For your convenience, you can download this contact information as a VCard (Virtual Business Card), PDF file or photo file on your phone.
Contact Hours: 08hr30 – 16hr30
Physical Address: 16, Rivonia Road, Illovo, 2196, Johannesburg, South Africa. Click the link to launch Google Maps. It will take you to the Consulate.
Postal Address: Consulate General of Nigeria, P.O.Box 1014, Saxonworld 2192, Johannesburg, South Africa.
Email Address: email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone Number: +27 (0)11 442 3620, +27 (0)11 442 3621, +27 (0)11 442 3622
Fax Number: +27 (0)11 442 0010; +27 (0)11 442 3620.
Telex: 43410CGJHB SA
Facebook Page: Facebook.com/Nigerianconsulatesouthafrica
Website Address: http://www.nigerianconsulatesa.org
Consul-General: His Excellency Abdulmalik Mike Ahmed
About The Nigerian Consulate General In South Africa
Nigeria established full-fledged dipolatic relations with South Africa in 1994.
Directions From Gautrain Park Station in Johannesburg CBD to The Consulate General of Nigeria on Rivonia Road, Illovo, Johannesburg
• Get on the train with a Stop to Rosebank Train Station.
• Exit the Rosebank Train Station using the Highland North & Melrose Arch Exit.
• Cross to the other side of the road to board a Gautrain Bus going to Illovo.
• Swipe to pay for your bus transport at the entrance of the bus. Inform the driver that you are going to the Consulate General of Nigeria and he or she must please show you when and where to drop off on the Rivonia Road.
Services of The Consulate
The purpose of the Nigerian Consulate-General is to provide services to the citizens of its host community and its business community.
Part of the Consulate-General’s function is to facilitate friendship and investments between Nigeria and South Africa. The head of a Consulate is known as a Consul-General. At the Nigerian consulate in South Africa, they can assist with the following services:
- Issuance of visas to South African citizens for travel into Nigeria.
- They can assist Nigerian citizens living in South Africa with the issuance or renewal of their Nigerian passport or other documents.
- They can also help with defending Nigerian citizens in South African courts.
- Legalization of documents, issuance of consular statements and more.
The Nigerian Consul-General in South Africa is His Excellency Abdulmalik Mike Ahmed. The other consuls stationed at this office are;
Consul (Consular & Immigration) – S U Udom
Consul (Economic) – M Zannah
Consul (Trade & Investment) – I M Nwizu
Vice Consul – A W A Faro
Vice Consul – L C Jingina
Consular Attaché (Information) – S O Arah
Consular Attaché (Finance) – D E Nwosu
Consular Attachè (Immigration) – M M Ajose
Consular Attaché (Immigration) – E O Gbemudu
Consular Attaché – D O Abraham
Consular Attaché (Admin) – A A Kuso
Consular Attaché – A F Akerele (Ms)
Now that you have the Nigerian Consulate General contact details, it is strongly advised that you book an appointment before visiting.
If you are looking for the contact details of the Nigerian High Commission which is in Pretoria, click here.